So while getting all the stuff ready for graduation I thought I would share this Chocolate Delight with you all. Brownies are great and very chocolatey, but this takes it over the top!
I did take a shortcut of using a boxed brownie mix, today was ballet, refill on meds pickup, get wine, go to the commissary, get cards, and then come home and make brownies and coleslaw. The slaw is good, but hey, it is not chocolate!!
So here is the recipe for this Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Brownie-- courtsey of my sister
Chocolate Sin Raspberry Truffle Brownies
• 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (Belgian PS)
• 1/2 cup margarine
• 3/4 cup brown sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 1 teaspoon instant coffee -- crystals (I used espresso powder)
• 2 tablespoons water
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
RASPBERRY TRUFFLE FILLING:
• 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (Belgian PS)
• 1/4 teaspoon instant coffee -- crystals (I used espresso powder)
• 1 package cream cheese -- 8 oz
• 1/4 cup powdered sugar
• 1/3 cup seedless red raspberry preserves (I used “All Fruit”)
• 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips (Belgian PS)
• 1 teaspoon shortening
Brownies: In saucepan over low heat, melt morsels and margarine; cool slightly. In large mixing bowl, beat sugar and eggs. Add chocolate mixture and coffee dissolved in water. Mix well.
Stir in baking powder and flour; blend well. Spread in greased 9x9 pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick tests clean.
Raspberry Truffle Filling: Melt chocolate with coffee in pan over low heat. Set aside. In small mixing bowl, beat softened cream cheese until fluffy; add powdered sugar and preserves. Beat until fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate mixture until well blended. Spread over cooled browned layer.
Glaze: In small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and shortening. Drizzle over truffle layer. Chill 1-2 hours. Cut into bars.
Recipe source: The Marlborough Meetinhouse Cookbook
Serve COLD! Store in fridge!
If you NEED some chocolate- try this!! Everyone have a great weekend!
Afer these cool, comes the next step....